IKV manufacture a full range of bearing lubricants for all types of application. Bearings are only as effective as the lubricant used, therefore environmental factors such as speed, load, temperature, chemicals in the environment and re-lubrication span need to be taken in to consideration when selecting the appropriate lubricant. Analysis of these factors enable us to select the most effective grease, oil or dry film for the application and bearing type.
Beware! Over greasing a bearing can be as destructive as under greasing, so dosage is an important consideration.
IKV supply lubricants for use in the most extreme temperatures and aggressive environments.
Bearings, lubricants & seals are often considered as three separate components however really, they should be thought of as one because they are each only as reliable as the other two.
If the bearing isn’t able to perform at the given load, speed and temperature, the result is a bearing failure. If the seals fail, the lubricant does not stay in the bearing and the result is bearing failure.
Often, the lubricant is the cause of bearing failure because it is not suitable for the speed, load, temperature or other environmental factor.
It is possible to analyse the application and working environment of the bearing by asking a few simple questions:-
• What speed is the bearing to be used at? (Speed factor)
• What loads act on the bearing? (Load factor)
• What is the maximum and minimum temperature that the bearing will experience? (Temperature factor)
• What is the nominal operating temperature?
• Are there any chemicals, solvents, acids or other environments that the lubricant will have to withstand?
• Is re-lubrication possible? If so, how often and what is the life requirement?
Once these questions have been answered we need to decide the appropriate lubricant to give the expected life within these conditions.